Dear Neighbors and Friends,
Thank you for visiting my website to learn more about my campaign for Anchorage Assembly, District 1.
I’m grateful to call Anchorage home and own an independent Optometry clinic downtown, where I work with my competent, compassionate team to serve the eye care needs of our community.
It isn’t news to any of us that we’ve recently faced the extraordinary challenges of a global pandemic and increased economic uncertainty. Many neighbors and friends have faced incredible loss over the past few years – loss of income, businesses, or even the loss of loved ones. There is much work to be done, and we still have a tough road ahead that requires courageous decision-making and cooperation.
Despite these challenges, I still have a fiercely optimistic view of our shared future. I genuinely believe that together we can accomplish much and that our best days are ahead of us. As a small business owner and a homeowner, my investment in our city’s economic growth is personal, just as it is for you. As a healthcare provider, I want my patients and fellow Anchorage residents to enjoy thriving and safe neighborhoods with a healthy quality of life that is unsurpassed.
I envision an Anchorage that is welcoming and accessible to all. A city that is full of possibilities for the builders, the dreamers, and the doers. A community that celebrates the best of our surroundings and that is intent on creating the most opportunity for everyone. I foresee a world renowned destination for outdoor recreation and a global transportation hub; with a nationally recognized, diverse school system and an economy that supports growing families and businesses.
What’s your vision for Anchorage? I’d love to hear from you.
- Vice President, South Addition Community Council
- Volunteer, South Addition Neighborhood Plan “Moving Forward” Committee & Plan Comment Review Committee
- Member, Anchorage Chamber of Commerce’s Legislative Committee
- Awarded 2021 “Anchorage Young Professional of the Year” by the Anchorage Chamber’s Young Professional Group
- Member, Anchorage East Rotary Club. Dr. Volland has served as the club’s Community Service Chair and helps coordinate the Mobile Food Pantry in partnership with the Alaska Food Bank at the Fairview Community Recreation Center
- Member, Anchorage Downtown Partnership
- Board Member, Alaskans for Better Elections
- Advisory Board, Arctic Encounter Symposium
- Board of Directors, Alaska World Affairs Council
- Doctorate of Optometry, Pacific University College of Optometry
- B.S. in Biology, Pacific Lutheran University